Saturday, April 30, 2011

I've finally added a photo.

I've added a photo to my "basic red sauce" post. I should have a photo for each post, and I'm working on it. Food photography is especially daunting because, if it doesn't look really, really good, it looks terrible. There's no middle ground.

I'm not much of a photographer at all, so, lucky for me I have assistance from the lovely and talented Howard. He took the beautiful shot of ravioli with my basic red sauce. I have a confession to make, though: I wanted to include a fresh basil garnish but I had none. I cut up a piece of romaine lettuce and used that, instead. It needed greenery to look truly great. I consider it a minor and forgivable fraud, one committed for the sake of, if not truth then at least beauty.

More photos to come, possibly some drawings.

No comments:

Post a Comment